- Can you fix it?
- Exceptional Benefits Package
- Unbeatable Career Progression
Be involved in the development, delivery and maintenance of Aotearoa New Zealand’s most important systems and business technology solutions!
About the Organisation:
The New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) is looking for an experienced and highly competent Systems Engineer with the necessary ‘tight-lipped’ skills to get amongst enhancing Aotearoa’s national security.
You will work for a national organisation with diverse, talented, and committed individuals who are anything but ordinary – creating a better and safer environment for all New Zealanders. With exciting growth opportunities within the community, and where curiosity and inquisitive minds are encouraged, the work you do with the NZIC will be like nothing you’ve ever done before.
This role sits within the Tech Directorate who are responsible for ensuring high quality technology outcomes for the community.
This next step could shape your career forever. If you prefer your martinis shaken, not stirred, then read on!
About the Environment:
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your world class technical engineering skillset in a unique environment.
- Work with a range of technology and situations that will see you demonstrate your problem-solving capacity to the utmost
- Develop an exceptional career that could take you places you never thought possible
- This is an extremely supportive environment where you will be provided with the tools and training to excel in a role with real meaning
Do you really know your stuff? How about if you have no access to external information and you need to make a critical call? You don’t need to be there yet, but if you desire to be that good, this role will provide you with the experience and support to get there.
- Bring your expertise in IT system administration to a unique workplace
- Have some skills that we are definitely looking for, such as Windows and Linux, back up services and scripting
- Ideally have some understanding of networking concepts, working in a secure environment, and engineering for resilience and reliability
- Have proven ability to work independently using sound reasoning and initiative, and collectively within the wider New Zealand Intelligence Community
For more information including a position description and further information on the application process, apply now.
IMPORTANT: To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and ideally have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.